Programming

May 31, 2016

THE CINCINNATI ZOO WHERE A GORILLA WAS FATALLY SHOT TO PROTECT A 4-YEAR-OLD BOY WHO ENTERED ITS EXHIBIT SAYS THE ZOO REMAINS SAFE FOR THE 1.6 MILLION PEOPLE WHO VISIT EACH YEAR


THE CINCINNATI ZOO WHERE A GORILLA WAS FATALLY SHOT TO PROTECT A 4-YEAR-OLD BOY WHO ENTERED ITS EXHIBIT SAYS THE ZOO REMAINS SAFE FOR THE 1.6 MILLION PEOPLE WHO VISIT EACH YEAR. THE ZOO SAYS THE SATURDAY INCIDENT WAS THE FIRST SPECTATOR BREACH AT GORILLA WORLD SINCE IT OPENED IN 1978. CINCINNATI ZOO DIRECTOR THANE MAYNARD SAYS A REVIEW IS UNDERWAY TO DETERMINE POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS.. MAYNARD SAYS EXPANSION PLANS ANNOUNCED FOR THE EXHIBIT EARLIER THIS YEAR WOULD PROCEED AS SCHEDULED. HE SAYS GORILLA WORLD COULD REOPEN NEXT WEEKEND. THE MALE GORILLA NAMED HARAMBE WAS KILLED BY A SPECIAL ZOO RESPONSE TEAM THAT FEARED FOR THE BOY'S SAFETY. VIDEO TAKEN BY VISITORS SHOW THE GORILLA AT TIMES APPEARED PROTECTIVE OF THE BOY BUT ALSO DRAGGED HIM THROUGH THE SHALLOW MOAT

Severe Weather Alert


Bookmark and Share
























Minster Concrete
Ohio Means Job
Messenger Press
Huelsman Automotive